Community First Fund is growing!
We have new, exciting employment opportunities available within our organization.
Are you the right person for one of these positions?
Community Lender – Berks County
Community First Fund is seeking an individual to join our non-profit organization as a Community Lender in our Reading Office. The Community Lender is responsible for conducting business development/prospecting calls, underwriting loan applications, screening loan requests, presenting proposals for review to the loan committee, negotiating loan transactions and close loans, maintaining data and files relating to loan applications, assisting in the monitoring and servicing of Community First Fund’s loan portfolio and marketing Community First Fund’s loan products and services to potential new borrowers in Berks County as well as covering parts of Montgomery and Chester counties. All lenders are expected to meet weekly sales calling goals, annual loan origination goals, client training referral goals and portfolio repayment and performance quality goals. The position reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Lending Officer.
- Conduct weekly meetings with referral sources and centers of influence in order to strengthen the contact database and increase loan sales
- Provide business consultation services to loan applicants; follow up with applicants, conduct site visits, and secure whatever other data necessary to perform sound loan review
- Negotiate loan structure and issue commitment letters; prepare and execute loan documents, file necessary legal documents
- Follow procedures regarding collection of client data and input to software systems as needed. Follow procedures for maintaining confidentiality of client data
- Monitor loan portfolio, communicating directly with borrowers as appropriate
- Provide assistance as necessary to help potential borrowers successfully qualify for financing or where loans are at risk; help applicants locate other funding sources if it is not a good fit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field such as financial management, small business management, business administration or economics
- Motivated individual with high level of initiative
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work effectively with racially and socially diverse individuals
- Bicultural/bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
This is a full-time position. In addition to salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Loan Documentation Associate
Community First Fund is seeking an individual to join our non-profit organization as a Loan Documentation Associate. This position is largely responsible for review of new loan files, review of documentation and loan settlement procedures, as well as review of files for accuracy and completeness in accordance with lending policy. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years’ experience in commercial loan closing, documentation and loan settlement. Strong organizational and time management skills are required with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. Spanish/ English (Bilingual) is helpful. In addition to salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Community First Fund is seeking an individual with strong organizational and analytical skills to join our non-profit organization as a Compliance Associate. The primary responsibilities of this role are to ensure organizational compliance with all funders’ performance requirements, to maintain an organization-wide compliance tracking system and to maintain thorough impact data for use in internal and external reports. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field such as business administration or economics. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office with very high proficiency working in Excel and with detailed spreadsheets is mandatory. Strong organizational and time management skills are required with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with a high level of initiative. This is a full-time position with a salary range of $28,000 – $38,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.