Community First Fund is currently looking to fill the following positions:
Associate, Loan Review
The position of Associate, Loan Review is an integral part of the organization and is largely responsible for review of new loan files, review of documentation and loan settlement procedures, as well as review of files for accuracy and completeness in accordance with lending policy. This is a part-time, 10 hour/week, non-exempt status position, and reports to the Vice President of Loan Administration.
• Reviews all closed loan documentation and collateral files to ensure all documents are completed, accurate and signed in accordance with policy and procedure. Ensures that all necessary collateral requirements have been completed in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
• Inputs and maintains loan documentation records on appropriate loan software.
• Communicates directly with lending staff regarding exceptions, inaccuracies and incomplete loan documentation.
• Provides periodic reports to management regarding documentation exceptions and problems with loan file information.
• Assists with developing, maintaining and promoting Loan Administration Departmental procedures.
• Attends periodic staff meetings as assigned.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
• Capacity to learn departmental software systems, including but not limited to Baker Hill, TEA and
• Associate Degree or commensurate experience in business or related fields.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and confidentiality regarding client information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel,
handle, or operate office equipment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work is performed primarily in an office or client business setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Travel in a wide geographic area is required approximately 5% of the time. Employee must hold
a driver’s license and able to drive, and able to travel outside of the office for meetings, conferences, client visits and other job-related commitments.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Junior Lending Trainee
The lending trainee is a full time, entry-level position. The general responsibilities are to underwrite loan applications, screen loan requests, present proposals for review to the loan committee, conduct business development/prospecting calls, negotiate loan transactions and close loans, maintain data and files relating to loan applications, assist in the monitoring and servicing of Community First Fund’s loan portfolio and market Community First Fund loan products and services to potential new borrowers to support the mission of working with low income Persons of Color and women. The position will have weekly productivity goals, including but not limited to number of loans reviewed, annual loan origination goals, technical assistance goals to existing clients, and portfolio repayment performance goals and weekly client calls. The position also supports training and client counseling needs. A successful candidate will have strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills. The position requires effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one-on-one as well as in a group setting.
The candidate is required to have a college degree; business or finance experience is preferred. An understanding of basic principles of accounting, finance and financial analysis is helpful. The candidate will be required to have satisfactory levels of computer literacy in word processing, data base and spreadsheet programs, especially Microsoft Word and Excel. Candidates with Spanish speaking skills are encouraged to apply. The Junior Lending Trainee reports to the Chief Lending Officer and will be located in Community First Fund offices in the City of Reading, Berks County, PA.
Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send via US Mail to PO Box 524, Lancaster PA 17608-0524.
Community First Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.